Santa Barbara Surf Camp
About our Surf Camp
Surfing is truly a one of a kind sport, bringing a huge rush to everyone that tries it. We’d love to introduce you and your kids to that rush. We’ve been teaching for nearly two decades and look forward to seeing you at our summer surf camp. While most of our private surf lessons are taught just south of Santa Barbara we chose to run our surf camp right below the Ritz Carlton on Haskell’s Beach. This is a great location for a surf camp as it’s a bit closer to downtown and there aren’t near as many people in the water as other beaches. We have additional equipment onsite in the beach house such as boogie boards and kayaks / paddle boards for those flatter days. We also have outdoor showers and bathrooms right onsite.
You’ll meet us at the Beach House on Haskell’s Beach in Goleta just below the Ritz Carlton
Santa Barbara Surf Camp is a 3.5 hour summer surf camp from 9am to 12:30. My own kids always blow me away with the amount of energy they have but 3.5 hours is enough to even wear out the most energetic groms. We keep our instructor to student ratio at 4:1. This camp is perfect for those kids that are looking to get a lot of surf in and be focused on mainly surf. Typical longer camps can’t focus on surf the entire time as you can only paddle for so long before you’re exhausted so beach games are added in. If you’re looking for a longer surf camp there are plenty of great ones in town and we have a few that we’ll recommend. If you’re looking for a shorter surf centric surf camp Santa Barbara Surf School is the write place for your kids.
SCHEDULE: (schedule is an approximation)
9:00 a.m. check-in
9:10 sunscreen and wetsuits
9:20 morning stretch
9:30 beach and ocean safety talk/sunscreen check
9:40 beach lesson
11:00 snack break/sunscreen application
12:15 out of water, camp chant, change & clean up
12:30 pick up
Santa Barbara Surf School Program Details:
- Ages 6 yrs – 12 yrs old
- 9am – 12:30pm
- Haskells Beach (meeting at the Beach House)
- Includes a wetsuit and surfboard
- Also available are boogie boards, kayaks, and paddle boards
Safety is our main priority while delivering a fun-filled surf adventure. Our instructors are AED/CPR certified as well as first aid certified. The surf camp will teach everything from how waves form and how to read them to learning how to surf them. Our mission is to provide a fun surfing environment while building your surf knowledge to create a solid foundation to advance your skills as well as teaching ocean awareness and beach safety.
COVID 19 Camp Adjustments:
- We are asking parents to sign their kids up in groups of 3-4 with friends and family. Friends and Family will be kept in their own group to protect all campers and their families.
- Pricing has been raised in order to afford smaller groups and prioritize family safety.
COVID 19 Safety Measures:
- 3:1 Student to Instructor Ratio
- Small groups of 3-4 per instructor
- Instructors will wear masks in and out of the water
- The camp will resemble more of a semi-private lesson
- Limited capacity of 9 kids / week
We cover everything
We offer an exclusive one-of-a-kind surf camp. A quality driven program which educates its participants on ocean awareness, beach safety, and the basic fundamentals of surfing. Our team focuses on safety first while your child receives the best coaching for their individual surfing needs. Your child will be provided with a 4/3 Ripcurl Wetsuit and a soft surfboard.
Santa Barbara Surf Camp provides:
- Basic fundamentals of surfing
- Individual coaching for beginner to intermediate levels
- Maintains a 3:1 instructor to student ratio
- Opportunities to build confidence & self-esteem
- Given extra time to practice surfing
- Free time to boogie board & enjoy the water
- Shade for sun protection
- Sports drink and water for hydration
- Supervision at all times!
Whether you’re interested in individual or group surf lessons, summer surf camps, corporate events, tailored surf lessons for the family or private gatherings, or surf tours, we have the experienced staff to make that happen. Come experience for yourself the thrilling time learning the ins and outs of surfing!
- Ocean Awareness
- Beach Safety
- Surfing etiquette
- Basics of contest surfing
June 15th – 19th
June 29 – July 3
Aug 3 – 7
Surf Camp - Weekly $325
Surf Camp - 3 Days $195
Prefer a Private Lesson this Summer?
Book a private surf lesson at Haskell’s Beach in Goleta at 2pm Monday – Friday.
Lessons Include surfboard, wetsuit, and 1.5 hours of private instruction.