Santa Barbara’s #1 Surf School
Teaching Surf Lessons since 2002
Santa Barbara’s #1 Surf School & Instructing Since 2002
1 Person Surf Lesson | $125
2 Person Surf Lesson | $85
3-5 Person Surf Lesson | $75
6+ Person Surf Lesson | $65
Quality Surfboard & Leash
Warm 4/3 mm Wetsuit
Experienced Surf Instructor
1.5 Hours of Surfing!
Book a Private Surf Lesson in Less than 3 Minutes!
Here are some helpful tips for booking your next surf lesson:
- Start by selecting a date below and then click “Book Now”.
- Click the Green Bar in order to select a lesson time slot. Only available time slots will appear.
- Group discounts will be applied once the number of surfers selected increases.
- If you wish to book multiple lessons across multiple dates or time slots select the “Add to Booking” button on the second page of checkout to begin the process for the additional lessons.
- If you have any questions or issues booking online fee free to call us at (805) 708-9878.
- Our favorite surf spot is Mondos Beach and we recommend you book lessons there but it is important to keep in mind the drive will be about 35 min from Santa Barbara because of an exit closure on the freeway.
Why is Mondos our #1 recommendation?
Mondos beach is the perfect wave for a beginner, intermediate, or first time surfer. Even though this will be a bit further of a drive when traveling from Santa Barbara, the great waves are worth while. We love teaching here because the waves are gentle yet consistent and easy to catch. Take a surf lesson with us and find out why we love it so much!
1 Person Surf Lesson ~ $125
This is a private one on one surf lesson in Santa Barbara and the perfect introduction to surfing for beginners as well as a great way to progress your surfing skills if you have experience. We will begin on the beach going over ocean safety, where to position yourself on the board, paddling and pop up techniques, and proper stance before heading into the water. Once in the water the instructor will be right there with you assisting with where to be in the surf and pushing you into waves.
2 Person Surf Lesson ~ $85 per person
3-5 Person Surf Lesson ~ $75 per person
6+ Person Surf Lesson ~ $65 per person
2 Person Surf Lesson ~ $85 per person
– Google Reviewer
What we offer at Santa Barbara Surf School®:
- Private & Group Surf Lessons in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Caprinteria, and Goleta
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Instruction
- Stand up Paddle Board Lessons and Rentals – SUP
- After School Programs
- Special Occasion Surf Experiences
- Ocean Awareness & Wave Knowledge
Surf Lesson Pricing: (includes wetsuit and surfboard rental):
- 1 participant $125
- 2 participants $85 each
- 3–5 participants $75 each
- 6+ Participants $65 each
Surf Lesson Start Times:
Daily at 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm at Mondos Beach
Santa Barbara Surf School has it all!
- Best private surf lesson price garaunteed!
- Licensed and CPR Certified Instructors.
- Stand up on your first lesson.
- Surfboards and wetsuits included
- Gift Cards
- Soft-top & Hard-top board rentals
- Multi-Lesson discounts
Santa Barbara Surf School has been the premier surf school in Santa Barbara for two decades. Our surf instructors have extensive knowledge of the waves in the area. Our instructors recommend Ventura surf lessons in the summer as the waves down there tend to be more fun and consistent than the waves in Santa Barbara proper. The instructors’ priority is that your surf lesson in Santa Barbara will be a memorable experience. Surf Lessons at Santa Barbara Surf School provide you with knowledge that enables your surfing skills to progress beyond your first lesson.
During your surf lesson in Santa Barbara you will learn key surfing strategies. You will learn about water safety techniques, identifying prevailing currents, how and where to paddle, how to paddle through waves, and surfing etiquette. We will teach you how to identify waves, when to paddle, paddling techniques, and of course, how to surf!
We have a wide selection of surfboards suitable for all sizes and ability levels. Wetsuits are included with the lesson and are selected based on individuals’ height and weight to ensure comfort and warmth throughout the lesson. We’ve taught as young as 5 years old and as old as 75. For the safety of those participating in the surf lesson we do require all students to be healthy and able to swim. We look forward to getting you out in the waves!